for The Firs Annex
Address of Property Assessed:
The Firs Annex, Sailors Bank, Lower Broadheath, Worcester WR2 6QT
Person Undertaking the Assessment:
Mr Dag Smith
Date of Assessment: 12 December 2009
Updated: 28 September 2016
The Firs Annexe is a self contained, ground floor apartment, which can be let for short break holidays. The apartment is accessed by 3 steps at the front or one step from the rear.
• Communication with the owners is by post, land-line telephone and e-mail.
• A limited bus service is available some 70 metres from the property down an asphalt drive. Taxi services are available.
• Worcester town is 3 miles from the property.
• Collection of guests from railway station, bus station is possible by arrangement with owners.
• Delivery of groceries can be arranged by the owners.
• Worcester city has a shop-mobility service and mobility aids can also be hired locally.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Cars may be parked off road and adjacent to apartment.
• Cars access the property by a 70 metre asphalt drive from the main road which leads directly to the front access (3 steps) and/or a non-covered pathway to the rear access (one step).
• Movement activated lighting is installed on outside accesses and pathways
• Two access points to the apartment exist - a front patio door accessed via three 22 cm (9 inch) steps and a rear back door accessed via a pathway with two 12.5 cm (5 inch) steps. The front access steps have a hand rail on the right hand side.
• Property is all on the same ground floor level.
• Procedure for communication on site is either by bell between the Annexe and the main house or by knocking on owners’ door.
• Additional keys to the access doors are available on request.
• Guests will be met and introduced to the facilities in the apartment by the owners.
• No facilities for pets exist in the apartment.
• No signage has been installed in the property
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc.
• Since the living area is all on one floor there is no requirement for stairs or lifts.
• Sitting room & bedroom are carpeted and kitchen, shower room and hallway are tiled.
• All doors within the apartment are 84cms (33 ins) wide.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc.
• Sitting room has freeview TV with DVD player. Wifi is available.
• Furniture comprises a settee, arm chair, dining table with two chairs, central light, standard up-lighter and table lamp plus a large Welsh dresser and a nest of occasional tables.
• No hand or grab rails exist within the accommodation.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• Two single beds are provided that can be put together to make a 6ft double bed. There are two bedside cabinets and two fitted wardrobes.
• Carpeted bedroom is directly off the sitting room and the tiled shower-room is accessed directly off the bedroom.
• Lighting is by central light and table lamps in bedroom and spotlights in shower-room.
• There is s fridge/freezer in the kitchen, some 6 steps from the bedroom.
Shower-room & WC [Ensuite].
• Shower-room comprises large shower (without handles or shower stool), wash basin with single hot/cold water mixer tap and WC. No rails are provided by the lavatory.
• Lighting is ceiling spotlights. There is a door mirror and towel rail.
• Kitchen with tiled floor is directly off the sitting room with one hot/cold water mixer tap.
• Work surfaces are at standard height from floor with no space under.
• Cooker hob is electric halogen operated by round turn controls and indicator lights, oven is electric fan.
• Crockery is stored in/on dresser some at cupboard level, others at standing level.
• Kitchen does not contain hand or grab rails.
• Lighting is by under unit lighting and ceiling spotlights.
• Fridge/freezer with freezer at lower level.
Grounds and Gardens
• The property is situated in a third of an acre mainly laid to lawn with flower/shrub beds, trees and good views. A pathway runs all around main house and apartment with only one 12.5 cm (5ins) step to negotiate or can by-passed on grass.
• With two accesses - front and rear - and regulation smoke, fire and heat alarms, evacuation of the apartment can be completed swiftly. Owners will be on hand to assist if required.
• The apartment has TV with freeview and DVD player, and all necessary kitchen appliances and equipment. There is a clock/radio in the bedroom. Wifi is available.
• A washing machine, iron and tumble drier are available in the utility room and can on request be accessed by negotiation with the owner.
• There are no facilities for pets.
• The property is a no-smoking area.
Telephone: Owner 01905 641071
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• There are no plans for future alterations to services, facilities or equipment and aids.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve. If you have any comments or queries, please phone 01905 641071 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A copy of this access statement can be downloaded here.